Jetpack Modules: Contact Form
A contact form is a great way to offer your website visitors the ability to get in touch with you, without giving out your personal email address.
Jetpack comes with a Contact Form feature, which allows you to put contact forms in your posts and pages. You can also use the same shortcodes with text widgets to get these forms into your sidebar or other widget area.
This module is enabled by default and If you do not see the functionality described below, please visit Control Jetpack's Modules on One Page to learn how to activate it.
Create a contact form
To get started, click the contact form icon above the post editor and the form will be inserted directly into your content. Click on the form and choose the pencil icon to edit it:
Note: you can only have one contact form per page.
There, you can adjust the contact information, including the subject text, the email address it's sent to::
Select the appropriate field types:
Click Add Field to add new field or click
x to remove a field:
Click Update Form to save the form and publish the page:
If you have the Akismet plugin installed and activated and have an active subscription, every form submission will be checked for spam.
Let's send the site administrator a message:
A confirmation text was displayed containing the copy of the sent message:
In the configured email address we received the sent message:
You will receive an email notification for each contact form response. All responses will be listed in the Feedback section of your WordPress Admin:
Customize the Submit button text
Once you've inserted a contact form into one of your posts or pages, you can customize the title of the Submit button by adding a submitbuttontext parameter to the shortcode, like so:
[contact-form submit_button_text='Send Your Message'] [contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/] [contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/] [contact-field label='Message' type='textarea' required='1'/] [/contact-form]
Tips for using the contact form
- Add to Pages, Posts, or Widgets – Contact forms can be added to pages or posts, or if you copy the generated code, you can add your contact form to a text widget.
- Forms are customizable – Contact forms can be customized. You can add and remove fields, choose which fields are required, change the email address, or change the subject settings. The form's appearance can be further customized with CSS.
- Edit an existing form – To edit an existing form, edit the post or page from WP Admin, then click Add Contact Form.
- One per page – Each post, page, and text widget will only display one contact form.
- Еmail is not secure – Do not use contact forms to send sensitive information like credit card numbers.
- Built-in spam filter – All submissions are filtered through Akismet spam filter, they are also added to the feedback menu on your site. A copy from the message is also sent to site administrator.
Enhance the capabilities of the contact form
Jetpack's Form Builder allows you to change the subject of the email sent to you after each form submission.
If you have more than one form in your site you can display a custom success message on each one of the forms on your site.
You can also redirect your readers to a specific page on your site after submitting the form.
If you are interested on adding even more features to your contact forms visit developer.jetpack.com