WordPress Install in cPanel
To access WordPress Install log in cPanel and in the WordPress Management section click the WordPress Install link:
You will be immediately redirected in a new window to the WordPress installation interface in Softaculous:
You can read detailed information about installing WordPress via Softaculous, here we will briefly recall what information to enter/select in the text boxes:
- Choose Protocol - if SSL certificate is installed for the domain, select
https://, otherwise select
- Choose Domain - select the WordPress site domain/subdomain from the drop-down menu.
- In Directory - enter a directory name (directory) only if you want to install the site in a subdirectory of the domain configuration directory and if you want to load the site from URL:
- Site Name - site name (can be changed/removed later from WordPress administration).
- Site Description - enter site description or slogan (also can be changed/removed later).
- Enable Multisite (WPMU) - check this box only if you want to use a single WordPress installation to host several different sites.
- Admin Username - we strongly recommend you to use a different username than the default admin as a security precaution.
- Admin Password - click the key icon to generate a complex and secure password.
- Admin Email - enter a working email address.
- Select Language - select the installation language from the drop-down menu.
- Limit Login Attempts (Loginizer) - protect your site from brute-force attacks by limiting the number of log-in attempts. If this option is selected, the Loginizer plugin will be installed and activated during the install process.
- Database Name - we recommend you to use a descriptive name that can be distinguished easily between all databases in your hosting.
- Table Prefix - we recommend using complex prefixes other than the default
wp_as a security precaution.
- Auto Upgrade - select Do not Auto Upgrade option - we do not recommend activating automatic upgrades, since WordPress upgrade may not be compatible with a plugin or with the active theme. In such case, until you repair/restore the site, it may load with a defective design, with incomplete functionalities, may load an error or a white screen.
- Auto Upgrade WordPress Plugins - leave blank.
- Auto Upgrade WordPress Themes - leave blank.
- Automated backups - select the Don't backup option - HostPulse provides up to 30 daily archives, additional backup from Softaculous is completely redundant.
- Install Theme - if you have chosen a theme from wordpress.org/themes you can use the search box to install and activate it during installation. If you purchased a theme you cannot install it via Softaculous, so complete the installation with the default theme and then install your theme from the WordPress administration.
Click the Install button to start the installation process.
You can specify an email address in the
Email installation details to: field to receive the installation details.