WordPress Optimization in cPanel
From the WordPress Optimization interface you can activate three different optimization tools with a click of a single button.
To access this interface log in cPanel and in the WordPress Management section click WordPress Optimization link:
On the next screen you are going to see a table with the following information:
- Name - site's name;
- URL - click the link to load the site in a new browser window;
- Path - path to the site's installation directory;
- Version - shows WordPress version;
- Optimized - shows the current optimization status;
- ActiveCache - this tool is used to configure various caching options for your WordPress site by reducing the number of requests to your database by caching them into in-memory database and enabling your hosting plan to serve more users at the same time. Learn more about ActiveCache caching tool.
- PageSpeed - this tool can further enhance your web site by rewriting parts of the static code (HTML, CSS, JS, image optimization, etc.), reducing latency and bandwidth (delay and resource usage). Read more about PageSpeed Tool.
- Site Speed-Up - activate Site Speed-Up to cache your website directly on the server, providing much faster-loading speed.
- Plugin - this tool automatically installs and configures one of the most popular WordPress caching plugins - W3 Total Cache. Generally speaking, the plugin enhances website performance by caching and activating a CDN connection.
- Action - click the Optimize button to manage the optimization tools for this particular site in a new panel.
Just one click on the Optimize button activates all inactive tools:
Usually, blog articles stop there and leave the reader in doubt as to whether everything is written, which sounds wonderful, would be validated in a practical test.
However, for the HostPulse technical team, which has made considerable efforts to create and implement these tools, publishing the results of such a test is like putting a cherry on the cake.
We installed a new WordPress site and imported sample test content. We excluded (status off) all optimization tools and loaded the site through one of the most popular and accurate online speed testing tools Pingdom Website Speed Test (
https: // tools.pingdom.com). We did a few tests in a few minutes interval, shooting all the results and recording the fastest one:
Then we activated all available tools in WordPress Optimization for the same site and repeated the test several times, again recording the fastest result:
Without a doubt, аctivation of the optimization tools resulted in faster loading of the same webpage compared to the loading time without optimization:
|WordPress Optimization||Performance grade||Page size||Load time||Requests|
|Деактивирана оптимизация||C 77||582.1 KB||717 ms||20|
|Активирана оптимизация||B 84||429.3 KB||701 ms||20|
If for any reason you decide to disable the tools in WordPress Optimization, click the Disable Optimization button and within a minute all the tools will be turned off (Status:
We hope the test results will completely eliminate the doubts and fears of using the tools in WordPress Optimization.
We recommend that you repeat our tests first with a WordPress test installation to personally check the results before activating WordPress Optimization for your official sites.